Thursday 14th May saw the hosting of our first online Active Bradford Partnership Event!
32 people representing different sectors from across the district attended to hear from a series of expert speakers to help support people through this time. We were delighted to hear from:
- Dr John Wright, Bradford Institute for Health Research about the COVID-19 situation in Bradford
- Nigel Harrison, Yorkshire Sport Foundation to set the context and look at challenges and opportunities for sport and physical activity in the region
- Jan Burkhardt, local delivery pilot JU:MP to talk about the resource for families that has been developed locally in order to support children to be active in the home
- Sarah Moss, Community Action Bradford and District who explained the different funds, loans and other support that’s available to clubs and groups
- Julie Hannan, Sport England to give an update on the Sport England Community Emergency Fund
A recording of the webinar is here
Presentations from Nigel, Jan, Sarah and Julie are available below:
Nigel – YSF presentation – Jan – JU:MP presentation + handout – Sarah – CABAD presentation – Julie – Sport England presentation
Questions from the webinar will be posted to this page as soon as they have been answered
As this is the first virtual event we have hosted, it didn’t go without it’s glitches – we hope you still got what you needed from the event. If you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Gill – email@example.com
Don’t forget this website contains information to help support you and your club or organisation during this time.
Go to Support-for-the-sector
There is also a page of ways to be active for you to take ideas from to share with groups, individuals and families that you’re in contact with: Stayactive
< Back to What's On