Activities for children
Posted: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 11:03
Families from Bolton Woods, Windhill, Girlington, Eccleshill and surrounding areas will benefit from a range of physical activities and sport being offered to them over autumn and winter months, at low or no cost, through round 3 of the JU:MP Award Programme.
Almost £10,000 has been awarded in total to partners to deliver activities within the JU:MP area, thanks to Sport England's local delivery pilot funding. At a time when it's arguably never been as important to be active, these sessions will provide a much needed focus for children to use some energy or in some cases get out of the house and meet, safely, with other people.
All of the activities have been risk assessed against Government COVID-19 and Sport England's Return to Play guidance, as well as that of individual sporting governing bodies, where appropriate. Families are assured that those delivering the sessions are doing so in such a way to minimise the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus. This will mean that there is a limited availability of space for some activities.
The following activities are being provided between October and December 2020:
- Bangladeshi Youth Organisation – Multi-sport and creative play sessions in Manningham
- Play Bradford – Mobile play in Bolton Woods
- North East Windhill Community Association – Play and nature activities in Windhill
- SNOOP – A holiday playscheme for children with learning disabilities and/or autism, based in Eccleshill
- Ping Pong 4 U – Table tennis sessions at Windhill Community Centre
- Sunnah Sports Academy Trust – Fitness games and activities, plus a booklet for families to do weekly activities at home
- Girlington Community Centre – Multi-sport, dance and martial arts for refugee family children, in Girlington
Details of activities, when they begin, will be shared by the individual providers and on the JU:MP website: www.joinusmoveplay.org/