Activities for children!
Posted: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 20:07
Children aged 5-14 are set to benefit from additional physical activity sessions running in the JU:MP area, through the JU:MP Award Programme.
From November 2019, 9 organisations will take a share of £41,000 to deliver different types of activities across the JU:MP area of North Bradford, to encourage children to be more active by providing low or no cost sessions.
The JU:MP Award Programme attracted 32 individual applications in total. Each application was assessed by a panel of local representatives, supported by CNet and Sport England.
It is the first of three rounds where constituted organisations can apply for between £500 – £5,000. The next round of applications will open on 4th November.
We are delighted to work with the following organisations to deliver:
- Bangladeshi Youth Organisation will run programmes for BaME girls with multi-sport activity
- BYDP are to focus on swimming and multi-sport activity for BaME girls
- Capital of Cycling will deliver cycling related activities, with bike maintenance support
- Community Works are to run dance sessions for girls
- Eccleshill Adventure Playground will expand their existing service to better meet the needs of children living with autism
- Heaton Youth Projects will utilise green space within the area to deliver school street games
- PingPong4U CIC are to adapt the ping pong game for children living with disabilities, which will run in community centres
- SNOOP will focus on children with special educational needs to deliver after school activities
- Thorpe Edge Community Project will develop a young leaders programme to then deliver sessions