Creating Active Schools Champion opportunity
Posted: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 17:06
The purpose of the Creating Active Schools Champion is to support schools in using the Creating Active Schools development programmeto enhance physical activity behaviours for children and families.
The Creating Active Schools Champion is about developing other middle and senior leaders so that they have the skills to lead their own teams and improve practice in their own schools. This will be achieved through both 1-1 support on their intent, implementation and impact of physical activity interventions, as well as collaborative working across schools to ensure best practice is driving school improvement and the model is sustainable over time.
The funding available to support this role will be paid at £250 per day to enable schools to adequately cover the champion's own school role, and will vary based on the number of schools they are supporting. We would need CAS champions to support a minimum of 3 or a maximum of 6 schools, so have outlined typical funding in relation to these options below:
- Example of supporting 3 schools within a neighbourhood:
- Year 1 - up to a maximum of 14 days (including initial 2 training days) x £250 = £3,500
- Year 2 - up to a maximum of 12 days x £250 = £3,000
- Example of supporting 6 schools within a neighbourhood
- Year 1- up to a maximum of 24 (including initial 2 training days) x £250 = £6,000
- Year 2 - up to a maximum of 22 days x £250 = £5,500
Additional days in excess of those outlined above could be paid to a CAS champion's school for:
- Additional support required by their allocated schools that has been approved by JU:MP schools strategic board.
- Specific contributions to the development of the CAS Website and online training as identified from ongoing work with schools.
- Involvement of their school's headteacher/senior leader in the JU:MP schools strategic board which will meet once per half term on pre-agreed dates.
Any such days would be agreed and signed off with the headteacher in advance of any additional support taking place.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 16th April 2021 - completed application forms should be sent to our Creating Active Schools Director (details included on the form).
Shortlisting will take place the following week with candidates being notified if they are invited to interview by Wednesday 21st April 2021.
Interviews will take place on the afternoons of 29th and 30th April 2021 and candidates will be required to contribute a short pre-prepared presentation (10-15 minutes) as part of this process.
If you or your headteacher has any queries about this role, please contact Ian Holmes (JU:MP's Creating Active Schools Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will also be a zoom session on Thursday 25th March at 4pm to explain the scope of this role in person and to also provide opportunities for interested candidates (and their Headteachers if relevant) to ask any questions they may have. If you would like to attend this please email Ian using the email above and he will forward log-in details.