Event Management Procurement for Bradford Sports Awards 2023/24
Posted: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:25
Active Bradford are seeking an experienced creative and event partner agency to support the annual Active Bradford Sports Awards 2023/24 event. The successful agency will have experience of high-profile, large scale public event planning and delivery; event creative design, marketing, and promotion.
Background to Active Bradford Sports Awards
Active Bradford is a partnership of organisations committed to making Bradford a healthier and more prosperous place to live and work. It is also the organisation behind the annual Active Bradford Sports Awards.
The annual Bradford Sports Awards event in its current format has been running for seven years with a primary goal of: 'Celebrating the best of Bradford's sporting talent, including young people, amateur and professional athletes, volunteers, coaches, and administrators'.
Nominations are invited from sports clubs, community groups, schools, further and higher education institutions and the public for most of the award categories. The nominations are assessed by an independent judging panel to determine the finalists in each category. These finalists are invited to the awards evening, along with sponsors and the public via the purchase of tickets. The winners and highly commended are introduced, announced, and awarded their recognition trophies. The 2023 award categories and criteria can be found here (these may be slightly adapted).
The awards evening has been hosted in several venues across Bradford (with last year's Awards being held at The Life Centre) and includes a meal served around the awarding of the finalists. Where possible, video footage of the finalists is gathered by the event partner agency and used creatively in each category to help with context and interest. This method is also used where finalists are absent for the actual event.
Bradford Sports Awards 2023/24
The planning for the event that will celebrate the successes of 2023/24 and Active Bradford would like the awards evening to be held in May. The preliminary timescale for the event is:
- Launch of the Bradford Sports awards 2023/24 event in November
- Nomination's process – Approx. 4-6 weeks from launch to mid-January
- Closing of the nomination process followed by judging panel meeting – mid-February
- Liaising with finalists to secure attendance / obtain video footage / produce and print the programme (including copywriting) featuring finalists / promote and sell tickets for the awards evening – 4 to 6 weeks, February to April.
- Bradford Sports Awards evening. Preparations for and on the day delivery of the event including venue entrance space, table dressing, event management, compere script preparations and on evening alterations, venue preparations and liaison before and during event, AV liaison prior and during event, food, drinks and VIP organisation, sponsor management, trophies, flowers, and other sundries. This list is not exhaustive and further details available on request.
- Written review of the awards evening and review meeting with Active Bradford and Bradford Council - 4 weeks later in June.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Creative Partner and Event Director will be required to:
- Support an event that reflects the quality and breadth of community and professional sport and associated activities in the city, in consultation and agreement with Active Bradford representatives against an agreed process/ timeline.
- Production of an overall event project plan.
- Design and create the overall theme for the event and all relevant assets.
- Design and production of the event programme and on the night items (for example, table plan and dinner menu) in a timely manner and liaise with printers to produce the printed items for the event.
- Produce scripts and briefings for the hosts / presenters of the awards evening incorporating key messages and themes as agreed.
- Work with Active Bradford to determine the format and content of the awards evening
- Work closely with the finalists to ensure accurate and full coverage. This will include sourcing, editing and / or producing appropriate video footage of finalists and ensuring all materials can be used within the awards evening.
- Engage other relevant suppliers to ensure the effective delivery of the awards.
- Provide a suitable number of staff to work at the awards evening to coordinate agreed aspects of the evening presenters.
- Undertake ongoing delivery of all marketing and media support through to the awards night and post awards, including website and social media. Provision of assets for use among Active Bradford partners and event sponsors. Responsibility for the costs involved with any marketing materials required.
- Have full health and safety responsibility and public liability insurance requirements to stage the event, including all costs associated.
- Manage the nomination process for the award categories. This will include a suitable website process and other mediums that allows nominations to be made. Following the closing date, nominations to be prepared for distribution to the judging panel.
- Undertake the marketing of the ticketing process for the awards evening including agreeing with Active Bradford the ticket pricing to ensure the event is accessible to all.
- Ensure that Active Bradford are included within all communication both pre / post event and at the awards. There will be joint participation in any press release/press events and supply of quotes from Active Bradford, and other partners for such events/media releases.
- Attend a monthly status meeting to ensure that progress is monitored and provide regular update reports to Active Bradford Leadership Group and a post event summary report.
- This not an exhaustive list. We anticipate that discussions with our appointed event partner may generate new and exciting opportunities to enhance the 2023/24 event.
Active Bradford Responsibilities (of which this is not an exhaustive list, and an initial meeting will be held to determine clear roles and responsibilities)
1. Overall event responsibility
2. Budget oversight and management of income and expenditure
3. Management of tendering and procurement of service
Provisional event date 17th/24th May, Life Centre.
Tender timescale and requirements
Due to the short timescales, tenders to be submitted to Tahir.Akram@Yorkshiresport.org by 5pm on 16th October 2023. Please ask any questions regarding this tender before 8th October.
Please include any initial proposals and the cost to deliver these proposals and provide a cost estimate for anything additional, within your quotation document. Please also outline any experience you have of similar types of creative and event delivery and details of who from your company will be involved in the event.
Download a copy of the above details here