Request for freelance communications support
We are looking for a freelancer to support Active Bradford with communications, marketing and PR.
Duration of Contract: 6 months with potential to extend longer term
Hours: Approximately 15 hours per week
Start date: September 2023 or soon as possible
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 22nd August
Online interviews will take place on 29th August
What is Active Bradford?
Active Bradford is a registered company made up of six member organisations from across the district who are committed to working together to increase the number of people being active and playing sport in Bradford. Active Bradford leads the Physical Activity Strategy for Bradford with a vision to create an active district where it's easier for everyone to be active every day. www.activebradford.com
This role is largely autonomous, and you will be supporting our co-chairs, development manager and board directors. There will also be a great deal of crossover with the JU:MP Communications lead. Services that will be required of you can include:
● Secure regular media coverage for Active Bradford as a whole; write media pieces, press releases and blogs
● Send regular e-updates to partners and the Active Bradford comms network and create communication packs to make information easy to share
● Build and manage relationships with external organisations including Sport England, local community organisations, Active Bradford comms network, other key Bradford networks and local/national media.
● Communicate about the Physical Activity strategy and devise a launch to excite both partners and the public, working with the comms network
● Lead on comms/marketing deliverables, with the support of an external agency, to promote the
Bradford Sports Awards
● Maintain the Active Bradford website
● Liaise with partner organisations in the Bradford district on joint campaigns, and contribute to the district-wide physical activity campaigns with partners
● Report to the board with key metrics, demonstrating ROI for all comms/marketing activity
● Design ad-hoc work i.e. pull up banners, marketing materials, or be able to project manage pieces of design with external agencies/individuals
To apply please email your information to email@example.com - please provide details of your hourly rate, previous experience including examples of work (e.g. press releases, design work, links out to campaigns etc.) and provide two references.
Please find further background information on Active Bradford our website: www.activebradford.com
Active Bradford Board Vacancy (Finance)
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced individual with a specialism in Finance to join our board.
Voluntary role, expenses paid
Role term: Maximum of 4 x 2 Year Terms
Active Bradford is a partnership of organisations committed to making Bradford a healthier and more prosperous place to live and work. We are driven by our vision of a culture across the district where physical activity is an everyday part of everyone's lives. Each partner develops and delivers a wide range of opportunities to be active; they come together through Active Bradford to collectively support those planning and delivering opportunities, develop new opportunities through strategic plans and programmes, promote opportunities through campaigns and other communications and influence decision makers on the role sport and physical activity can play in broader strategic plans.
We're bold with our ambitions because we know our challenge is big. We recognise we need people with exceptional skills and qualities who can add real value. We want people who can challenge our thinking, support strategy, implementation, and bring energy and commitment. We are seeking an experienced finance professional with a recognised accountancy qualification or qualified by experience. This is an exciting time to join Active Bradford with a refreshed team and strategy. You will have oversight of the organisation's management of finance and risk management processes.
To apply for this voluntary position, please send your CV and a supporting letter of no more than two pages outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in the role to Active Bradford's Development Manager Tahir.Akram@yorkshiresport.org. Please mention "Finance Director Application - Active Bradford" in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications is 18th August 2023.
Active Bradford is an equal opportunity organisation and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply.